DEPOT MANAGER – Warehouse and Transport
Location: Lee Mill Industrial Estate, Ivybridge
A superb opportunity for an experienced Depot Manager, to be part of an award-winning business. You will be a hands-on, hardworking, self-motivated and flexible individual.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a good overall knowledge of logistics, transport (CPC), Health & Safety and people management:
- Manage all warehouse functions and distribution channels, ensuring the company has the capability required to deliver on business plans profitably and to meet and exceed regulatory, customer and other stakeholder requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to the recruitment, performance improvement and career development of the warehouse and distribution teams, including maximising efficiencies to prevent over-staffing.
- Ensure stock monitoring and movement of stock is recorded on all internal systems.
- Coordinate and control the daily delivery schedule and driver allocation.
- Monitor, control and report on stock levels, trends, and shortages, where required.
- Ensure the warehouse is organised, equipped, stocked, and staffed sufficiently.
- Arrange and control the Preventative Maintenance schedule for all fleet vehicles.
- Maintain the condition of the delivery equipment and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Be responsible for monitoring tachograph records and implementing improvement plans where necessary.
- Implement and enforce Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Reporting to: Commercial Director & Head Brewer
The successful candidate for the Depot Manager – Warehouse & Transport role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics management experience
- Have worked for an FMCG / Food / Manufacturing / 3PL / Retail environment previously
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies
- Experience on managing budgets
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be results driven and commercially minded
- Knowledge of the beer/drinks industry
What’s on offer
Hours: 40 per week, Mon – Fri
Company Pension Scheme
Holiday: 20 days plus 8 days public holidays
Plus additional company benefits
If you are an experienced Warehouse Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, please email an up-to-date CV.